- SSC CGL 2016
- Important Dates for SSC CGL Result 2016
- SSC CGL Result 2016: Important Dates
- SSC CGL Tier I Result 2016 Download
- Expected SSC CGL Cut Off 2016 (Tier-1 Exam)
- SSC CGL Cut Off 2015 (Tier-1 Exam)
- Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL 2016
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
- Application Fee for SSC CGL 2016 Exam
- Exam Pattern of SSC CGL 2016 Exam
- How to apply for SSC CGL 2016 Exam?
SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility, Age limit, Fees, Last Date, Exam Pattern, Education Qualification, Online application Procedure. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organization under Government of India that recruit staff for various posts in the Ministries and departments of the Government of India. It was formed forty years ago on 4th of November 1975. The Staff Selection Commission SSC has its headquarters at New Delhi. The present chairman of Staff Selection Commission SSC is Ashim Khurana.
SSC CGL 2016
Every year Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Common Graduate Level (CGL) examination for the recruitment of Group “B” and “C” posts in the Ministries and departments of the Government of India.
Important Dates for SSC CGL Result 2016
|Important event related to SSC CGL Result||Dates for SSC CGL Result|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam||From 27 Aug 2016|
|Declaration of SSC CGL Tier 1 Result 2016||November 8, 2016|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam||November 30, 2016, and December 2, 2016|
|SSC CGL Result of Tier 2 Exam||To be announced|
|Tier 3 – Descriptive Paper in English / Hindi||To be announced|
|SSC CGL Result of Tier 3 Exam||To be announced|
|Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) / Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)||To be announced|
|SSC CGL Final Result||by end of April 2017|
SSC CGL Result 2016: Important Dates
|1||SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Result||8 November 2016|
|2||SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Result||End of December 2016|
SSC CGL Tier I Result 2016 Download
The commission released an official notification regarding the CGL 2016 today which says that the tier 2 exam is tentatively scheduled to be held from November 30 to 2nd December. The complete scheduled remains to be notified yet. Also, SSC is conducting a re-exam for one shift that was held on 27th August from 4:15 pm to 5:30 pm. The re exam will be on 27th October. The commission will soon release the confirmation about this tentative schedule.
Expected SSC CGL Cut Off 2016 (Tier-1 Exam)
|Cut Off Marks||137.00||114||101.00||125.50||92.00||97.00||20.00||68.00|
SSC CGL Cut Off 2015 (Tier-1 Exam)
|Cut Off Marks||102.25||80.25||74.25||89.50||67.75||69||20||51||—|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL 2016
All the candidates who are interested in appearing for SSC CGL 2016 exam must fulfill the following eligibility conditions.
The official website of SSC is ssc.nic.in.
You must have attained the age of 18 years and the maximum age should not be more than 27 years on or before the 1st of August, 2016. For some posts the lower and upper age limit is different as mentioned below.
- For Assistant Section Officer (Central Secretariat Service): 20-30 years
- For Assistant (Intelligence Bureau): 21-27 years
- For Assistant Enforcement Officer (Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue): Upto 30 years
- For Sub Inspector (Central Bureau of Investigation): 20 to 30 years
- For Statistical Investigator Grade II: Upto 32 years
- For Sub Inspector (National Investigation Agency): Upto 30 years
- For Assistant Audit Officer (Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG): Not exceeding 30 years
- For Tax Assistant (Central Board of Excise and Customs): 20-27 years
- For Sub-Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics): 18-25 years
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the Ist January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
For Assistant Audit Officer an essential qualification required is a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute.
Desirable qualification for the post: Chartered Accountant or cost and Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
For Statistical Investigator Grade-II an essential qualification required is a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% in Mathematics at intermediate level OR Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
For Compiler an essential qualification required is a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as a compulsory or Elective subject.
For all other posts an essential qualification required is a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
Application Fee for SSC CGL 2016 Exam
Application Fee for the SSC CGL 2016 Exam is Rs.100 (One hundred only).
All women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Schedule Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying the application fee, as decided by the government.
The candidates can pay the examination fee through State Bank of India either in the form of Challan, generated online or through SBI Net Banking. Payment can also be made through any Credit or Debit Card.
Exam Pattern of SSC CGL 2016 Exam
SSC CGL 2016 Examination will be conducted in three tiers.
Tier I- This will be a written examination having Objective Multiple Choice Type questions. It includes questions from subjects as General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English. There will be total of 50 questions from each section. Maximum marks for the examination will be 200. The time duration for examination will be two hours.
NOTE: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Tier I.
Tier II- This will be a written examination having Objective Multiple Choice Type questions. Candidates who cleared the Tier I examination will be called for Tier II examination. It includes questions from subjects as Quantitative Ability of 200 marks and English Language & Comprehension of 200 marks for all posts.
For Statistical Investigator Grade-II along with questions from Quantitative Ability and English Language & Comprehension, it will consist of questions from Statistics of 200 marks.
For Assistant Audit Officer along with questions from Quantitative Ability and English Language & Comprehension, it will consist of questions from General Studies (Finance and Economics) of 200 marks.
The time duration for each section will be two hours.
NOTE: There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks (for Quantitative Ability) and 0.25 marks (for English) for each wrong answer in Tier II.
Tier III- After qualifying both Tier I and Tier II examination, candidates will be called for Proficiency/Skill Test for some posts. There will be no Interview process as it has been removed from the selection criteria. There will be a Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for the post of Assistant Section Officer in CSS only and a Data Entry Skill Test at Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour for the post of Tax Assistant.
Selection for the rest of the posts will be made on the basis of merit in Tier I and Tier II examination.
How to apply for SSC CGL 2016 Exam?
You can apply both online and offline for SSC CGL 2016 Examination.
- Log on to the SSC official website http://www.ssconline2.gov.in/ for submitting your application.
- Now on this page at the top right corner there will be a link named examination click on that, after that click on Part-I registration link.
- In next step complete the Part-I of the Registration. Fill in all the necessary details by following the on screen Instructions and click on the Submit Button for submitting your application.
- Afterwards the system will generate a Registration No., kindly save that as you will need this in Part-II of Registration.
- Now you can start with Part-II of registration, make payment for Application fees and upload the Scanned Photograph and Signature.
- You can start the Part-II of Online Registration by entering your Registration No and Password on the login page.
- Now, at the end submit the online application form for the SSC CGL 2016 Exam.
- Take the printout of the application form from the Internet.
- Fill in the complete form by entering the information in the columns as mentioned in the application form.
- Now attach the CRF Stamps of Rs.100 (One hundred only) and paste them on the application form.
- After that, send the Application form to the SSC Regional Office by Speed Post/Registered Post.
Keep the receipt of Speed Post/Registered Post with you as a proof that you have submitted the Application form.