TANCET 2017 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test 2017, TANCET Hall Ticket 2017, TANCET Result 2017, TANCET Exam Pattern 2017, TANCET 2017 is conducted by Anna University on June 12, 2017,
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test 2017 TANCET 2017
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test 2017 (TANCET-2017) is conducted by Anna University, Chennai for the admissions to the M.B.A., M.C.A, and M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. Degree Programmes offered at various Government, Private, and Self-financing colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu.
The official website to apply for TANCET-2017 is www.annauniv.edu/tancet2017.
The registration is open for TANCET-2017, all the eligible candidates can apply only online on the official website, www.annauniv.edu/tancet2017.The last date for online registration is 21stMay 2017.
TANCET-2017 for M.C.A. and M.B.A.will be held on 11th June 2017.
TANCET-2017 for M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. will be held on 12th June 2017.
Candidates need to register only one application for all the three entrance tests. The application fee is Rs.500 (Rs.250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) for any one of the programs, M.B.A., M.C.A, and M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. If a candidate wants to appear for more than one program, for every additional program, he/she need to pay Rs.500 (Rs.250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu). The application fee can be paid only through online.
Check out the complete information about TANCET-2017 including its application procedure, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, exam center, important dates, admit card, and exam result.
TANCET – 2017 Application Procedure
Here are the steps to apply for the TANCET-2017 application process.
- Go to the official website of Anna University, www.annauniv.eduand click on the link “TANCET-2017”.
- Now, click on the link “Online Registration”.
- On next screen, click on the “Register” button to create user id.
- Enter all the relevant information to register yourself.
- Now, log in with the registered User ID and Password.
- Fill in the personal,course, address details, and upload the passport size photograph and submit the details.
- Now, pay the application fee online through credit/debit card or net banking.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the completed application form for future reference.
TANCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the following eligibility criteria can apply for the TANCET-2017
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration and obtained at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) marks in the qualifying degree examination.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) marks in the qualifying degree examination.
For M.C.A. Lateral Entry
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (Computer Science/ Information Technology) with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) marks in the qualifying degree examination.
For M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field and obtained at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) marks in the qualifying degree examination.
- Candidates appearing for the final semester/year of examination of the qualifying degree course except courses offered by Professional Institutions (like AMIE) during April/ May 2017 may also apply for TANCET-2017.
- Other State Candidates can also appear for the entrance test, but the eligibility conditions will be specified by the admitting Authority/ University.
TANCET 2017 Exam Pattern
- The exam will have objective type questions.
- For M.B.A. and M.C.A. exam, there will be a total of 100 questions.
For M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. exam, there will be three parts.
- Part I will have 20 questions, Part II will have 35 questions, and Part III will have 60 questions.
- One mark will be given for each correct answer and one-third of the mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Multiple shading will be considered as the wrong answer and one-third mark will be deducted.
- Candidates can mark the answers in the answer sheet with the black ballpoint pen only.
TANCET 2017 Exam Center
TANCET-2017 will be held in the following cities:
Important Dates for TANCET 2017
- Online registration starts from- 2nd May 2017
- Last date for online registration- 21st May 2017
- Date of M.B.A. and M.C.A. exam- 11th June 2017
- Date of M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. exam- 12th June 2017
TANCET-2017 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card from the official website, www.annauniv.edu/tancet2017. Admit Card will be available probably one week before the exam. The Admit Card will bear the candidate’s Roll Number, Name, and Exam Center allotted. Candidates are advised to take a printout of their admit card and preserve it in a good condition till the admission process is over. Entry in examination hall will only be allowed with the admit card.
TANCET 2017 Exam Result
The result of the TANCET-2017 will be declared online in the month of June 2017 on the official website, www.annauniv.edu/tancet2017. To check the result online candidates need to enter their Roll Number and Password.